Feeds RSS

20 July 2009

“Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to”



Goin' Home
Elvis Presley
Where the purple mountains reach up high
And look like they’re gonna touch the sky
Where the canyon walls have stood for a million years
Where the days are hot, the nights are cold
The desert sand looks just like gold
These trails were carved in sweat and blood and tears

Home. We used to live in rented apartments back when we (my sister JM and I) were still growing up here in Cebu and I envy my classmates who have a home to call their own, at least their parents had. When I was almost 14, we moved to Dauin where my parents really are from. When my brother Brylle was old enough to be in school, all 3 of us siblings were enrolled in St Louis School - Don Bosco in Dumaguete as we settled in the ancestral house of my mother. When I got to college, I can't easily bring my friends who would want to come visit me at the house. For the basic reason, that it's not ours, and my aunt and her family also shares the house with us.

While growing up I had this deep wish was that if I had my own family, I'd make sure I have my own house I can call my own to provide my kids. I'm not sure if this is true until now. All the while I was also trying to break away from home, always hoping for the day to come when I will be working and living away from home.
That day came. And it happened almost 4 years ago. Now, I'm working in Cebu and I go home only once a month and usually not more than 2 days at the most. These are the days when I recharge. My father is the sweetest, he makes sure he picks me up from the terminal even if he's got a lot of things to do. I'm spoiled that way. heehee. But let me tell you, I miss those days when I was just living with my family instead of just visiting them once in a while.

Anyway, same dream I had back when I was still young has now been realized by my parents themselves. Last July 8, they moved to our new house in Ecoville Subdivision. It's a small house but big enough for 4 occupants: my parents, my brother and me. My sister and her family will be staying in the ancestral house. I also had the chance of staying there for a night last weekend. I was proud of my parents. (Wee! Can a child really say that about her parents?)
Well, someday, I will also have my own house too and I will not leave it anymore.

Here are some snapshots from my mobile phone while the house was under construction.

I've heard that it's possible to grow up - I've just never met anyone who's actually done it.
Meredith Grey

xo .lois.

4 remarks:

cheezenibbles said...

i like your place, it looks american. :D

chiclois said...

what!? that's the last thing i could think of when i look at my house! the contractor is my czn's husband.. so pinoy! eheheh

Risha said...

yey! naa nako tulugan when i go to dgte!!!

seriously twin, mura bitaw sha american design. tan-ara ra gud ang uytengsu hall, naay similarities. hahaha

chiclois said...

yes twin! naa na jud kay ma-stayhan sa dgte, at last! :D when man ka next adto?
uytengsu hall diay ha! actually, karon pa ko nakabantay mura diay sya american.. hehehe...

Post a Comment

Ping me