Feeds RSS

06 May 2011

where the love is in a cup of frozen dairy sweets


If you should know, somewhere in this mess of a blog, I posted my love of KFC krushers. It was the caramel crunch variety that I loved first, but sad to say, it did not last long like the other flavors. Oh well.


Then last year, I was sent here to Pasig for training. It was then, that I was brought to a frozen delightful corner that introduced me to and I fell in love at first sip with Caramel Moolatte. Yes, it's Dairy Queen! It's creamy-sweet and sinful just the way I like it. And I enjoyed at least one cup every day for the next week after that. It was baaad! Ha Ha Ha.


Now, that love story was short-lived. :( I had to go back home to Cebu, where Dairy Queen has not conquered yet. I hope to see DQ in my hometown soon. And I've been missing my caramelly chilled love-joy ever since.




Two days ago, I came back to Manila and was of course excited to try Dairy Queen again. I heard they had some new flavors. I've been swamped with things to do that it was only today, I got the time to hunt for the nearest Dairy Queen station.

Happiness. In. A. Cup. sip sip sip... and I let the flavor play around my mouth. Oooh bliss!





As I was going back to my hotel, I dropped by Podium to stroll and window-shop. One stall caught my eye and I knew that I got to try it. I almost didn't believe that the tubs on the freezer contained ice cream. They looked like the stuff you use as toppings on a soft ice cream. Hmm interesting. The girl at the counter gave me a free taste and so tried different flavors. Wow, it really is a fun way to eat ice cream. I purchased and enjoyed the orange & coffee cheesecake combo in a regular cup. I also realized that orange flavored ice cream is promising. Yey! So I've found a new love. Oh, and by the way, did I saythat it's Dippin' Dots?
You should try it. And if you have, tell me if bubble gum taste good coz I'm planning to get another cup tomorrow. ;-)

It's summer and it's really warmer than usual. But I can beat the sun's heat as long as I can enjoy my cup of frozen dairy sweets. So should you.




later,

chiclois

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

Ping me