Feeds RSS

24 September 2009

BANDSLAM

A friend shared a video of the trailer of the movie in Facebook. That’s when I first heard about it. Bandslam. My friend is a big fan of Vanessa Hudgens-Zac Efron love tandem. She is probably the BIGGEST fan I know of High School Musical, a series of movies showcasing Disney talents (which the love team were first introduced to the screen), that appealed the mainstream audience and it went hit.

Since Vanessa Hudgens starred in Bandslam, she’s just gotta watch it. It’s life or death.

Ultimately, the show hit town and she went crazy. My friend did. She decided both of us were gonna watch it and yeah, we did. Today, after a crazy day at the office, we watched or rather enjoyed the movie.

Bandslam talks about a teenager named Will who was an outcast in his school, like every protagonist probably started in every teen movie. Anyway, he and his mom had to move and so everything changed for him. Is it for the better? Well, I’m not gonna be a spoiler on this one. But personally, I think the movie is cool. It’s not like the other movies in the teen/chick-flick bunch that has a plot that’s SO predictable. Plus Vanessa Hudgens is not her usual high-spirited, bubbly, and outgoing self. She’s rather downplayed here, which is good for the movie. I still love her voice, I mean my friend did. Well, I guess you better check this video out in Facebook. Hit me!

It’s a smash between high school pains and passion for music and space for a lot of weirdness. A lot of songs especially those listened to by Will on his iPod and those that were actually sung by the band are great. Let’s go over a few songs by hitting on the Bandslam Official Site here and go over their soundtracks.

My favorite part was when Will showed to the class a video for his Human Studies project. But he has weird expression on his face especially every time he slightly bows his head, and raises his eyebrow with mouth slightly ajar, as if asking the big question, “Huh?!” which makes me raise my brow too. Sheesh.

My short personal review: I’d watch it again, though this time with my bowl of cheese popcorn and soda, in the comfort of own home. *dreamy smile*

Life is short, have fun and watch Bandslam! It’s showing in theaters near you.


I CAN´T GO ON, I´LL GO ON
I can’t watch the movie, I’ll watch the movie!

chiclois

3 remarks:

ÄngèLBLuê said...

i lurve it!

Mayshell said...

I haven't watched it yet but I will for sure.. :) :)

Anonymous said...

buy dvd!..watch ta wd agnes!! :D
jenny

Post a Comment

Ping me